The Human Resources Coordinator ensures the effective staffing and coordination of selected positions by performing a wide variety of administrative duties for the Employment Division. This position works with others in the division to ensure that staffing requirements for Local 998 and Local 35 positions are maintained; and administers job movements such as new hires, promotions, demotions, transfers, reclassifications and separations.
1. Coordinate the overall employment function of Local 998 and Local 35 positions including recruitment, testing, interviewing, making recommendations for the selection and hiring of qualified individuals for all position vacancies.
2. Administer pre-employment tests; recording and maintaining test scores as necessary.
3. Administer the Company’s internal job posting procedure, including preparation of job postings, seniority verification, testing, scoring, notification and applicant selection in accordance with applicable Labor Contract provisions.
4. Schedule post-offer physical examinations and job-related tests with the appropriate vendor.
5. Conduct the onboarding activities for newly hired employees, communicating and processing changes for newly promoted or transferred employees.
6. Prepare confidential personnel action notices for all employees including new hires, promotions, demotions, transfers, reclassifications and separations.
7. Conduct background verifications for employment purposes, including employment reference checks, driving/criminal records, job-related credit checks, education and employment verifications.
8. Maintain employee and applicant files.
9. Maintain appropriate hiring metrics and make recommendations for changes in employment practices.
10. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, all levels of management, applicants and the community.
11. Perform other duties as required.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources; or A) Bachelor’s degree in related field with demonstrated coursework in Human Resources such as Human Resources Theory, Staffing/Recruitment Theory, Employment Law, HR Administration etc.; or B) Certification in either PHR or SHRM-CP
2. Three (3) years of experience (full-time) within a talent acquisition role that included high volume recruitment.
3. Considerable knowledge of principles of recruitment and selection including interviewing, test development, validity, and job-relatedness.
4. Considerable knowledge and experience utilizing ATS/HRIS systems.
5. Working knowledge of the various duties, responsibilities, requirements, and qualifications of various levels of job classifications.
5. Working knowledge of computer skills, including Microsoft Suite or similar computer software programs.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Ability to handle confidential material discreetly and efficiently.
8. A high degree of personal organization, self-motivation, and ability to effectively establish priorities and meet changing deadlines.
9. Proven ability to work well with others at all levels.
10. Excellent attendance and work record.
Must have the ability to effectively provide both oral and written communications requiring good verbal expression, satisfactory hearing and eyesight clarity sufficient to read.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Milwaukee County Transit System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.