The “A” Electrician utilizes electrical maintenance experience and trade knowledge to diagnose and repair all types of electrical problems. The “A” Electrician must have working knowledge of the National Electric Codes
ORGANIZATION AND STRUCTURE:
The “A” Electrician reports to the Manager of Building & Grounds.
1. Installation of:
a. Light fixtures, switches and receptacles
b. Wiring, all types of wire and wire enclosures
c. Motors and controls (AC and DC)
d. Fans (exhaust, vent and circulating)
e. Machines (wiring)
f. Hoists (wiring)
g. All types of electrical boxes (breaker, fuse, stators, etc.)
2. Perform electrical repairs on the following:
a. Everything covered under #1
c. Overhead doors
d. Washroom dip tanks
g. Cyclone cleaners
h. Bus washers
i. Fuel dispensers (all types) and Automated Fuel Delivery Systems
j. Hot water tanks
k. Transformer room
l. Battery chargers (wall mounted)
n. Back-up and portable generators
3. Installation of, or repairs to, electrical components of all types of heating systems:
c. Hot water
4. Air conditioners:
a. Repair centralized units
b. Install and repair portable units
5. Fire warning systems - install and repair to Code.
6. Troubleshoot and perform all required work from:
b. Wiring diagrams
d. Verbal instructions from Building & Grounds Manager/Supervisor
7. Perform inside and outside electrical work as required.
8. Operate Company vehicles to enable him/her to perform his/her duties on any company owned property or equipment.
9. When operating a Company vehicle, be responsible for inventory, check for fluids and perform pre-trip inspections.
10. Perform Preventative Maintenance as assigned by Supervisor.
11. Operate snow removal equipment as required.
12. Direct the work of lower classified employees.
13. Perform other duties as assigned, including any work as outlined for lower classifications.
NOTE: Physical tests shall be administered prior to job award
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. This is a Safety-Sensitive position and requires a preemployment physical and drug test. MCTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.