MCTS believes that our most valuable resources are our employees. That’s why we are committed to offering extensive benefits to reward their hard work. Our generous benefits package includes:
• Defined Benefit Pension Plan
• 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
• Medical and Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Long term and Short-Term Disability Insurance
• Eye Wear Reimbursement
• Health Club Reimbursement
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Flexible Spending Account
• Paid Time Off, Including Paid Holidays, Vacation time, Personal Days and Sick Days
• Free transportation!
Our mechanics also enjoy additional perks, such as:
• Night shift differentials
• Holiday premium pay
• Meal allowance (with continuous overtime)
• Annual tool Allowance
The Diesel Mechanic ("A" Bus Mechanic) must be able to diagnose and repair all transit vehicles and service vehicles on the road and in the garage. The Diesel Mechanic position requires extensive experience in all mechanical areas to make proper repairs within the respective time standards.
For every employee of the Milwaukee County Transit System, MCTS Excellence is more than just a saying, it is a way of life. This is your chance to join our team of Bus Operators known around the world for their big and small acts of kindness, compassion, and heroism.
Bus Operators for Milwaukee County Transit System are responsible for operating a bus over an established route. This position adheres to a pre-determined schedule in a safe, efficient and courteous manner which allows passengers to board, travel and alight at scheduled stops.